In addition to being a public scholar, I endeavor to reflect publicly and often on teaching, aiming to share what I learn and to learn from others.
Each semester, I try to experiment with a new assignment or project and share the results.
- Teaching Reflection: Unessays, Again!
- Analyzing Super Bowl Ads: Postgame-Show-Style Discussion Panels in Advertising History, Culture & Critique
- Studying Anti-Fandom, Recording Podcasts & Hosting Comic-Con-Style Panels
- Tracking Our Media Diets in Intro to Media Studies
- Student-Faculty Interviews
- Top 10 Things My Women’s & Gender Studies Students Learned
- What We Learned in Critical Media Studies of Health and Medicine
- My Media & Pop Culture Students’ Top 9 Learnings
- For My Students: My First 10 “Bad” Instagram Posts
- Teaching “Persuasive Influences in America”
- 14 Things the Jane Fonda Workout Taught Me for Online Pandemic Teaching
- Teaching Online: How to Be More Creative & Engaging